Online Slots Tournaments
If you've never played in a slots tournament whether online or offline, the idea of doing so may seem a little intimidating, but really it shouldn't be and once you do start playing, you'll find that tournaments are a great deal of fun and there are also a number of advantages to playing in them, here are just a few:
- You can determine ahead of time what your potential losses will be - if you enter "buy-in" tournaments there is usually an entry fee to play and you get between 5 and 15 minutes of slots game play for your money, if you don't place then you only lose the entry fee amount, so losses are limited.
- Unlike blackjack and poker tournaments, slots tournaments are easy to play and do not require complex game play strategies, all you really need is luck.
- Slots tournaments add a social feel to your slots play and if you're competitive in nature will be right up your alley. It's always great to play against others instead of on your own all the time.
- Slots tournament prizes are spread over a number of places so you don't always have to win to get something back.
With these benefits in mind, let's take a quick look at how online slots tournaments work:
Slots tournaments have a number of formats and the offerings and regularity with which these are run differs from casino to casino. Generally though, online casinos offer Freeroll and Sit and go (or buy in) tournament formats. The latter is the most common format and players buy a seat in the tournament for a flat entry fee. Each tournament has a time frame in which you have unlimited slots play and the objective is to accumulate as many credits (or money) as possible during the round of play. Some tournaments have a single round while others have multiple rounds (this usually makes it alot more fun).
When choosing to play in online slots tournaments it is important to play at a reputable online casinos like Roxy Palace or Jackpot City, both of which have regular slots tournament schedules and good slots bonuses so you'll get more slots action for your money. You should also check out Microgaming's International Slots League which is taking slots tournaments to a whole new level! First let's look at how to play in online slots tournaments though:
In order to participate in tournaments you will need to:
- Register a player account and make a deposit.
- Visit the casino lobby and click on "tournament schedule" in order to view the available events, applicable slots, entry fees, prizes and rules.
- Select a tournament - you can either pre-register in advance or select one that is marked "Scheduled". Usually standard buy-ins require 5 players for the tournament to start and places fill up quickly so you won't have to wait too long. Fixed tournaments on the other hand have specific starting times regardless of the number of entries but the number of players participating in these are usually significantly higher.
- Once the tournament starts, push spin and don't stop until your time is up, remember this needs to be done manually as "autoplay" and "quickspin" features are disabled. You will be able to view your placing in a small screen within your larger screen to determine how you are doing.
- If you win, the prize money will be credited to your player account.
As you can see from the above information, slots tournaments have many advantages are very easy to play in, so why not visit your favourite casino today and try them out - we're sure you won't be sorry! Also make sure you sign up for regular slots tournament promotional information, that way you'll never miss out.